Robin Day – Proprietor and Winemaker
With over 35 years experience in winemaking in Australia and eleven other countries, Robin can only be described as a Barossa veteran and leader within the winemaking industry.
- Graduate in Agricultural Science and Wine Science. 20 years winemaking and technical management experience with Orlando Wyndham (Winemaker, Chief Winemaker then Technical Director).v
- Director of Orlando Wyndham from 1988 to 2003.
- International wine development role with Pernod Ricard for eight years (project development, strategic planning, wine business experience and winemaking in South Africa, Chile, USA, France, Hungary, Spain, Argentina, Georgia, Romania and New Zealand).v
- Member of the board of the Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation and chairman of Compliance Committee for eight years.
- Chairman of Australian Wine Research Institute and board member since 1984. International wine judging experience over twenty years.
- International consultancy experience in winemaking, strategic planning and general wine business matters — clients in Australia, Chile, New Zealand and South Africa.
- Winemaking experience in France (Bordeaux-St Emilion 1987, St Joseph and southern Rhone in 1997, 1998 and 1999).
- International wine industry commentator — regular presenter at wine technical and wine business related conferences.
Contact Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Goodwin – Cellar Door Manager and National Sales Manager
Henry Goodwin is the most recent addition to the Domain Day family. Henry’s journey has taken some twists and turns, beginning his career as a cook and a waiter, an English teacher in Sri Lanka and Thailand and even working at a fine wine store in North Adelaide. Whilst at university Henry and his friends set themselves an ambitious task of visiting every cellar door in the state and while they didn’t quite get there, they get very close. It was at this point that Henry realised he had worked around the wine industry for too long and it was finally time to become part of it.
A relative newcomer to the Barossa, Henry started out as a cellar hand in the vintage of 2011. He quickly found a place in cellar door, working for some fantastic wineries around the Barossa, earning himself 4th place in the 2011 Cellar Circle Industry service awards, continuing on to gain 2nd place in 2012 for exceptional customer service skills. Henry has brought his love of wine to Domain Day, currently as the Cellar Door Manager and National Sales manager. He also draws upon his culinary skills to assist Robin with the very popular Domain Day pizza nights!
Contact Henry at email@example.com